Welcome to the Edgemont Elementary Library
"Get in the Game"
General Library Information
The school library program serves to instill a love of reading, inspire life-long learning, and foster independent library use. Students visit once a week with their class to check out materials and to practice information literacy skills and digital citizenship.
- The library is closed on Mondays, It will be open 9:00 to 2:30 on Tuesday – Thursday, and from 9:00 to 2:15 on Fridays
- Kindergarten may check out one Easy Paperback book, 1 & 2 grades may check out one book and 3 – 6 grades may check out 2 books
- Books may be checked out for 1 week. If a book is late there will be a 3 day grace period before fines start accruing. The fines are .05 a day per book. You may also bring in a can of food to pay fines up to $1.00 – this does not apply for lost books.
- A student may not check out a book if they have any overdue books, lost books or fines of $1.00 or more. These things must be taken care of before check out privileges will be reinstated.
Our library catalog will tell you what books are checked out. and when books are due. You can also and put books on hold.
Log On with Username (Student Number) and Password (Last Name)
Renaissance Place Home Connect for Parents
Home Connect is a way parents can login with their child’s user name and password and see their child’s progress in Accelerated Reader.
- Go to https://hosted253.renlearn.com/250340/HomeConnect/Login.aspx
- Enter your child’s user name and password.
- You will see your child’s current AR data.
- The results of the last quiz taken are displayed.
- You can view information on Reading Practice Quizzes or switch to Vocabulary Practice Quizzes.
- Click View My Bookshelf to see other quizzes taken.
To set up Home Connect so that you receive e-mails about your child’s AR quizzes:
- Click on E-mail Setup in the top right area.
- Enter your name and your e-mail address, then click Add.
- You will be sent an e-mail invitation that you must accept before you will receive e-mail reports.
- You can add more than one e-mail address to your child’s list of “receivers.”
Online Learning Resources
Libraries Linking Idaho has resources for K-8, plus much more!
Khan Academy (Practice math skills)
Renaissance Place (Accelerated Reader tests)
Think Central (Use your student log-in and password to access Math in Focus activities.)
Think Through Math (If your teacher has created you an account, you can log in to practice math skills and play some fun math games.)
Math Playground (Fun math games!)
Arcademics (Fun games to play with a group to practice math, language, and more!)
Idaho Falls Public Library (Read and listen to books online, download books and audio books to your phone or tablet, and more!)
Typing (Learn to type correctly with fun, research-based typing activities.)
Book Adventure (Take book quizzes, win prizes, play games, and more!)
Prepdog Prepdog (Free practice tests for grades K-8 to help you use and sharpen your test-taking skills.)